“Survival of Indian Languages in the Face of Various Challenges”.This is the agenda of two day seminar organized by Sahitya Academy at BNR Chankaya in Ranchi on November 26-27.
The seminar is first of its kind in Jharkhand.
As per the schedule,top men of letters are slated to take part in it.Sample them:
- *Welcome by Sahitya Academi’s Secretary In Charge K Sreenivasarao.
- *Introduction by Sahitya Academi’s Maithili Advisory Board Convenor Vidyanath Jha “Vidit’.
- *Chief Guest Arjun Munda,CM,Jharkhand
- *Keynote Address by Eminent Linguist Pabitra Sarkar
- *Chaired by Anil Kumar Baro,Sahitya Academi’s Eastern Regional Board Convenor.
- *Vote of Thanks by sahitya Academi’s Programme Officer Mihir Kumar Sahoo.
The seminar is planned to be held in six sessions,three each on November 26 and 27.The valedictory address is slated to be delivered by Ram Kumar Mukhopadhya.
Incidentally,the Sahitya Akademi was inaugurated by the Government of India on 12 March 1954. The Government of India Resolution, which set forth the constitution of the Akademi, described it as a national organisation to work actively for the development of Indian letters and to set high literary standards, to foster and co-ordinate literary activities in all the Indian languages and to promote through them all the cultural unity of the country. Though set up by the Government, the Akademi functions as an autonomous organisation. It was registered as a society on 7 January 1956, under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
But it does not have its presence in Jharkhand.