MECON has Sucessfully Completed its First Green Building Project- Administrative Building of HPCL Terminal,Ennore,Chennai .This two storied air conditioned modern administrative building of approximately 1000m2 built up area as designed and constructed for new Green Field Terminal Complex of Hindusthan Petroleum Corporation Limited at Ennore near Chennai, was awarded “LEED INDIA GOLD” rating by Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) recently. The building design was conceptualized and implemented as per Green Building Concepts by Architect T. Bhattacharya, Architect M. Shaju Bruno and the team of Engineers & Architects from MECON, Bangalore. Salient features of this building includes :
- Ample natural light inside the building with Vision panel, Skylighting and designated daylight panels.
- Projected roofs and pergolas to avoid direct solar radiation inside the building.
- Selection of materials with less Embodied energy (Areocon Block walls, Double Glazing with low U-value, Low Voc paints, Energy efficient light fixtures, Water Efficient fixtures, false ceiling with required recycled content, FSC certified wood etc.) to avoid the impact of built environment on natural environment and Occupant health.
- Interior landscaped areas with skylighting to enhance the productivity of employees.
- Rain water harvesting systems, duel water supply system to ensure Water Efficiency and zero water discharge.
- Interiors of building designed with partitions and false ceiling which contains 20% – 30% of recycled content, Sensor operated door and energy efficient VRV Air Conditioning System.
MECON has rendered consultation services to Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited for the Entire terminal. The scope of work includes Basic Engineering Design, Detailed Engineering of all Plant and Non plant buildings, Landscaping design, Procurement, Services, Project Management Services, Inspection, Construction Management / Supervision and Commissioning.