Ahead of the Railway budget,Jharkhand chief minister Arjun Munda today shot off a letter to Union Railway Minister raising a set of demands and complaints.
In his letter,Munda said that though this state was created 12 years ago in 2000,Jharkhand lacked rail- infrastructure.”In terms of the number of trains or the period of operation of trains has not seen much improvement.Every day the waiting list of the passengers showed an upward trend”,wrote Munda.
Munda has asked the Union Railway Ministry to meet the following demands:
- All stalled Railway projects must be completed by the end of the financial year 2013-14.
- New Rail services should be initiated for the
- Dumka-New Delhi and Ranchi-Howrah
- Jamshedpur- Dehradun via Ranchi and Lucknow
- Trains to Bengaluru and Hyderabad via Rourkela.
- Jamshedpur-Chennai a daily express train needed.
- Ranchi-Bhopal and Indore
- New Delhi-Ranchi [Duronto Express be provided with]
- Railways in the State of Jharkhand hardly have any hospital/trauma center. Therefore, the State should be provided with hospitals/trauma centers in Ranchi, Deoghar and Chakardharpur.
In addition,Munda wants that Ranchi-New Delhi, Rajdhani Express,Ranchi-Mumbai LTT Express,Hatia-Yashwantpur should be running on a daily basis and while Guwahati Express should run for five days instead of 2,Ranchi-Ajmersharif should run at least 5 days in a week,writes Munda.